Who we are
We are D-Techpro Ltd, 4 Station Road, Ford, Arundel, BN18 0BJ, UK. a limited company with registration number 11688315. D-Techpro Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference: ZB571845. We do not have any subsidiaries. We supply, service and calibrate environmental monitoring and control equipment and systems. We provide targeted and innovative solutions for challenging monitoring projects with ongoing support. D-Techpro Ltd is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation i.e. we are responsible for control and means of processing of your personal information.
The data we collect
We collect contact names and email addresses for the purposes of keeping you informed with relevant information about our company, our product range, services and how these products are used. We also collect banking information, physical address and contact names, telephone numbers and other essential information required to do business with you if you are a customer, supplier or service provider. This data is not often associated with an individual, but for consistency D-Techpro have applied a common data protection approach. We retain information about the products and services you have ordered or supplied to ensure we can undertake business with you effectively and for analysis of business trends to provide a better service to our customers.
We collect data about who has opened our newsletter mailings and what information may have been viewed to improve our service to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service. This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you.
In addition, we collect data from our website that is not traceable back to individual customers, this data uses Google Analytics. We collect information about which pages customers view, for how long pages are viewed, how they have arrived and what actions customers subsequently take.
Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when doing business with D-Techpro, using our website or reading our newsletter then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy and will held in a secure and confidential manner.
How we collect data
We collect data through business interactions with you.
This could have been because:
- You contacted us and supplied us with your contact details;
- You completed a subscription form on an email or newsletter sent by us on the D-Techpro Ltd. website;
- Your business purchased equipment or services from us in the past and that you are likely to still be operating that equipment.
- We have procured products or services from your business and recorded your details as part of that transaction
- We have been passed details of your contact details by another business who has done business with you, who reasonably believes that you would benefit from being contacted by us.
Why we collect data
D-Techpro Ltd. collect data to:
- Enable efficient business to business transactions with you.
- Understand the overall trend in sales and purchases to ensure we can provide products to customers on a cost effective and timely basis.
- Provide you with information and updates specific to the products you are interested in or have purchased in the past, for example software updates.
Profiling that we undertake with the data:
- D-Techpro Ltd. does not currently undertake customer specific data profiling on a routine basis. We may from time to time review what a customer has historically purchased to assist in ensuring we provide the correct products to them in the future.
Who we pass the data to:
- D-Techpro Ltd use various Web based services in its business processes. The data is solely used by D-Techpro Ltd. and the data is only transferred to web-based services for the sole use of D-Techpro Ltd. The web-based services used by D-Techpro Ltd are provided by reputable companies with their own GDPR compliant privacy policies.
- Additionally, from time to time D-Techpro Ltd will pass customer contact information on to one of its distributors if it has been decided and agreed with the customer that the distributor is better suited to be the customer point of contact.
The basis on which we collect data
D-Techpro Ltd has adopted the approach that all information held in whatever form in relation to customers, potential customers and suppliers is held on the basis of legitimate interest.
Our criteria for legitimate interest are as follows:
- You are a business, public body or institution and not a private individual.
- You have previously expressed an interest in the D-Techpro Ltd range of products and services. This interest could have been because of you contacting us and supplying your contact details; by you completing a subscription form on an email or newsletter sent by us on the D-Techpro Ltd website; or as a result of you purchasing equipment or services from us in the past and that you are likely to still be operating that equipment.
- You have not requested us to stop sending you information, either through unsubscribing from our newsletter or by contacting us and exercising your right to be forgotten.
- That we hold only the minimum amount of necessary data that would reasonably be expected in order to communicate with you or do business with you in a relevant and effective manner.
- That the data we hold has minimal privacy impact of you.
- That we have undertaken a legitimate interests assessment and periodically review this assessment.
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request access, transfer, rectification and/or erasure of the personal data that we process about you. You may also have the right to object to and/or restrict our processing of your personal data. D-Techpro Ltd will ensure we comply with your legal right to ask us to act on these requests.
Retention of your data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The precise length of time we hold your personal data for varies depending on the individual circumstances, but in determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We periodically review our retention periods to ensure that we are not keeping your data for longer than necessary.
Your right of complaint to the ICO
Article 21 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data. This effectively allows individuals to ask you to stop processing their personal data. The right to object only applies in certain circumstances. In the unlikely situation that you should disagree with the response you have a right to raise your complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The security of your data
D-Techpro Ltd take the security of your data seriously and all personal and sensitive data is stored in a password protected secure server. Unless personal data is reasonably needed for our business processes we do not store personal data. We do not share your data for use by any third parties without your permission. We do use reputable third-party providers of web-based software packages for processing your data, we have made all reasonable endeavours to ensure your data is secure when held on our server or on these third-party web-based software packages.